CO₂ and O₂ monitoring
Microbiological and IVF laboratories use CO₂ incubators or triple gas incubators (CO₂ and O₂) and their internal atmospheres must be continuously monitored to maximise cell or culture viability.
XiltriX uses a unique and accurate method of CO₂ monitoring as it does not just measure inside the incubator but transports a sample of the incubator atmosphere to a centralized measuring station. Samples from up to 16 incubators can be analysed by a single CO₂ sensor inside a CO₂ substation. Each sample channel is measured every 20 minutes and excess humidity is automatically removed by moisture separators. The internal CO₂ sensor is automatically calibrated using outside air (zero) and a calibration gas supply. This way the CO₂ measurement is always accurate regardless of drift of the CO₂ sensor or changes in outside conditions.
Typically a calibration is performed three times a day (e.g. at 8 am, 12 am and 6 pm). At weekends calibrations can be skipped, preventing alarms if the calibration gas runs out during the weekend.
O₂ monitoring uses the identical system but with a different type of sensor.
The sampling system uses a vacuum pump and a specialized valve bank. After the sample has been measured the value is sent to the XiltriX main system where it is treated like any value measurement. It is possible to set daily or weekly evaluation programs in the software. These programs offer the flexibility to make it possible to work comfortably during the day and to tighten monitoring during the night.
CO₂ monitoring results
Why buy XiltriX CO₂ monitoring from IKS International?
- For more than 3 incubators XiltriX saves money compared to individual sensors.
- XiltriX is the only system which can automatically calibrate CO₂ measurements.
- XiltriX software is so sophisticated that it can evaluate the same values differently during the day and night.
- The incubator is not disturbed due to the fact that a sample is only taken every 20 minutes.
- Annual calibration costs are just a fraction of calibrating 16 separate sensors.
- The sensor does not need to be removed and sent to the manufacturer for calibration.
- The system can automatically detect and alarm sensor failure.
Most popular news
- Reinier de Graaf Group
- AMC Hospital Campus
- Apollo Hospitals
- St. Elisabeth Hospital IVF
- UZ-VUB Hospital